The season five finale of Game of Thrones prompted a re-watch of season two. Here are my thoughts (spoilers ahead) …
- The camera cuts away from several of the major “deaths”.
Thelma and LousieTheon and Sansa will probably make it through, but Stannis and Marcella are probably toast. I think this is misdirection. While we’re talking about whether Stannis is alive we’re not talking about Jon Snow, whose death they lingered on but who we’re all pretty certain will come back. #jonsnowalwayscomesback #kitharringtonhairwatch
- Pondering fan theory “R + L = J” … Jon doesn’t have the trademark Targaryen hair, but you know who does? Ghost!
- One of Meryn Trant’s crimes was that he tore Sansa’s dress off and beat her for Joffrey. When Tyrion interrupts this scene the Hound goes to Sansa and wraps his cloak around her shoulders. This is the first step of the Westeros marriage ceremony, awwww!
- A condition of Brienne’s oath to Catlyn Stark was that if she got her chance Brienne could drop everything and confront Stannis.
- Brienne executed Stannis, the one true king of Westeros, which means she and Jaime are now both “Kingslayers”. Double awwww!
Edited: Changed “T + L = J” to “R + L = J” because I’m an idiot 🙂