Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves generally gets a drudging in the critical community. On a rewatch however, there’s some good stuff here …
- It’s filmed in some parallel universe where Christian Slater gets higher billing than Alan Rickman
- Morgan Freeman is smokin’ hot with a HUGE scimitar
- Robin’s dad is played by Brian Blessed AND he takes on the medieval KKK
- Alan Rickman plays a light hearted Hans Gruber with a witchy sidekick!
- That blood egg trick? STILL COOL!
- Where’s my “Mary Elizabeth Master-NINJA” spin off?
- The “kicked in the balls” lip curl!
- Moorish telescope technology!
- The Little John fight is fun, but it’s mostly a reminder to rewatch this
- “I’m going to cut your heart out with a spoon!”
… and that’s as far as I got before I had to go to sleep.